Sometimes it is a challenge to find that perfect product that you just know works for you and your skin. You probably don’t want to go through the guessing game of purchasing multiple different items. If you are looking for the best beard oil for black men then we have a few options that are guaranteed to be helpful.
Related: Best Beard Oil for Dandruff
What to Look for In a Beard Oil
Since you are looking for the best beard oil for black men then you probably are facing issues such as brittle, dry hair. As a black man myself, I have faced problems because of my naturally thick curly facial hair.
Water tends to dry out my skin as well as my facial hair and I will have these dry flaky patches in certain areas of my beard. It is important to find a beard oil that will help to not only moisturize your beard hair but the skin underneath it as well.
The true intended use of beard oil is to moisturize the skin underneath, the shine it provides to your facial hair is just an added benefit. On your search for the perfect beard oil, it is necessary to find one that has essential oils as well as carrier oils. Carrier oils are oils that are directly derived from natural sources such as plants or seeds.
Related: When To Start Using Beard Oil?
Best Beard Oil for Black Men
1.Bossman Beard Oil
The Bossman Beard Oil or “jelly” as they like to refer to it as is one of the best options for the best beard oil for black men. They refer to it as jelly because it is thicker than regular beard oil and has ingredients that promote a healthy beard. This product includes oils such as soybean oil, avocado oil, and sunflower seed oil which all work together to provide moisture to your beard and prevent beardruff which is dandruff in your beard. There are multiple scents to choose from and comes in a 4 oz container. If you are sensitive to scents then they do have a “naked” or unscented option as well
- This product is used to moisturize, tame, and soften facial hair
- Works well to prevent beard dandruff or “beardruff”
- Increased viscosity means that it is able to form a better bond with the hair follicles
- Comes in a 4 oz container as opposed to the traditional 2 oz
2.SheaMoisture Beard Conditioning Oil
A brand that has been popular in many black households is the SheaMoisture brand, and for good reason. They have solid products. This particular product, the beard conditioning oil, doubles a conditioner and adds shine and moisture to your beard. It comes in a green container that holds 3.2 fl oz and is in the scent of Maracuja and Shea Butter. Additionally, it is free of mineral oil and parabens which are widely known to be used to artificially preserve products.
- Contains no mineral oils, sulfates, parabens, or phthalates.
- Maracuja oil is rich in fatty acids and vitamin C which both help to smooth your skin and make it firmer.
- No animal testing
- Promotes the growth of hair cells and hence provides better beard
- Made with grapeseed oil, sunflower seed oil, and shea butter which are known to help combat inflammation.
3.Rapid Beard -Beard Grooming Kit
A little off the beaten path, we have a complete beard grooming kit on the list. In addition to the beard oil, which boasts all-natural and organic ingredients such as jojoba oil, argan oil, and vitamin E oil, the boxed set also comes with a brush, sheers, and a beard balm. The unscented beard oil is held in a 50 ml container which will last you a while.
- The beard oil is unscented as to not cause any scent related issues
- Complete beard grooming kit
- Jojoba oil is used to promote hair growth and reduce breakage
- Argan oil is used to prevent dandruff and itchiness
- Vitamin E oil helps with blood circulation
4.Honest Amish Beard Oil
Honest Amish is one of the most recognizable names when it comes to men’s beard care, and for good reason. They have one of the best beard oils on the market and it’s one of the best options for the best beard oil for black men. Boasting all-natural and organic ingredients this beard oil is made in the USA and comes in a 2 fl oz container.
- The product comes in the classic honey-like scent.
- Known to work great
- Helps to soften coarse beard hair
- Conditions the skin underneath your beard as well
5.Viking Revolution Beard Oil
The Viking Revolution Beard Oil is 100% natural and organic. Including oils such as Argan and Jojoba, it will condition your beard to soften it. In addition to softening your facial hair, this product will help to get rid of flaky, dry, itchy skin. These products together will help to maintain coarse, curly, unruly hair. Held in a 1 oz container, this unscented product is one of the top options for the best beard oil for black men.
- 100% natural and organic blend of products
- Jojoba & Argan oil help prevent red, dry, flaky skin
- Conditioning beard oil helps to maintain coarse unruly hair
- Unscented to not cause any scent related issues
Trials of African American Men’s Facial Hair
As stated before, African American hair is naturally thick and coarse. We are also prone to ingrown hairs because of our curl patterns, and our beard hair is no different. That’s why it is important to choose the right beard oil that not only adds shine to your hair but will take care of the skin underneath. Speaking for myself, I have suffered from really bad beardruff and flaky skin but that was before I started doing a consistent beard regime. Beard oil is the cherry on top of the cake and you’ve done your wash and everything else that’s necessary. Any products with the following oils will be sure to help on your journey to finding the best beard oil for black men:
- Jojoba Oil
- Castor Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Argan Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
- Avocado Oil
Shea Butter would also be a nice added addition. We hope that you find our list of the best beard oil for black men helpful! Thanks for reading!